Friday 12 January 2018

Tree: Adopt and/or Hug

In 2018, that is this year, I wanted to "Adopt a Tree". I am sure many of us would have heard of programs such as "Adopt a Tree" or "Hug a Tree". While some countries are very active in promoting such programs, not all countries have the same kind of programs. So, I went around searching. The logical thing for anyone to do is to search for programs such as these wherever one is located. I searched for this kind of possible programs where I am (in Singapore). I was not totally satisfied with what is being offered here. Therefore, I went and searched for programs offered by and in other countries. 

Before I go onto discuss about the programs offered in other countries, let me briefly touch on the kind of program Singapore has. 


Singapore does not have "Adopt a Tree" kind of program. But it has a different kind of approach as featured in "Garden City Fund" website. There are many initiatives such as...donating for a certain need (such as orchid conservation, plant-a-coral, seed-a-reef and more) or to "Plant-A-Tree".

Plant-A-Tree Programme is an opportunity for individuals to get involved caring for the trees and environment. There is also Tree Planting Schedule and you can check out the areas where it is taking place and the time too. One tree costs $200 (in Singapore Dollars) and your donation is for a sapling - a young tree. The person who plants it does not get a permanent acknowledge signs for the trees he planted. He will be given a certificate after the planting session.

Details:

Garden City Fund
https://www.gardencityfund.org/index.html

Plant-A-Tree Programme
https://www.gardencityfund.org/pat/index.html

Donate for a cause - such as orchid conservation, plant-a-coral...
https://www.gardencityfund.org/donate-now/index.html


I shall reveal about the tree that I "adopted" and on the program soon..... :)

Happy Browsing!

Want to know more about Forest Bathing / Forest Therapy / Shinrin-yoku
Visit the blog post that I discussed on this.....

Adopt a Tree or Hug a Tree - Esther Neela Blog